Sunday, September 30, 2007

Resident Evil Extinction (2007)




IMDB Movie Summary http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0432021/plotsummary
Years after the Raccoon City disaster, Alice (MILLA JOVOVICH) is on her own; aware that she has become a liability and could endanger those around her, she is struggling to survive and bring down the Umbrella Corporation led by the sinister Albert Wesker (JASON O'MARA) and head researcher Dr. Isaacs (IAN GLEN). Meanwhile, traveling through the Nevada Desert and the ruins of Las Vegas, Carlos Olivera (ODED FEHR), L.J. (MIKE EPPS), and new survivors K-Mart (SPENCER LOCKE), Claire Redfield(ALI LARTER), and Nurse Betty (ASHANTI) must fight to survive extinction against hordes of zombies, killer crows and the most terrifying creatures created as a result of the deadly T-Virus that has killed millions. Written by Akoksum2003

Harlods's Review
While I am big fan of Horror and Sci-Fi movies, I was really hoping this would be as good as the last Resident Evil movie and have some good zombie ass-kicking in it. I was a little let down.

While a nice follow up it just did not have the same kick to it. I also thought it ended pretty quickly to really leave much of an impression. I did have a few jumps here and there, but they were mostily the same kind of jumps I had watching the new Halloween movie - they were there just to keep you on edge a little bit. Without them, the movie would be much less exciting.

I am a HUGE fan of Milla Jovovich and love her in the role of Alice. The rest of the cast did not really stand out to me. You never really get to know any of them so when they are killed you do not feel anyting.

The zombie kill shots are good and what you expect from this movie. The dogs are getting kind of old and I would of liked to see a cat or racoon or something else attack Alice. The birds were not as scary as Hitchcock's and could have been built up a little more.

Do I always complain about movies? No, I just expected more!!! I guess the 3rd movie is usually not going to be as good as the previous ones (except for Indian Jones) but I can always hope!

I need to see a good movie! Maybe I will go open Harlod's Video Fault and watch Dawn of the Dead again!

No comments: